Looking for an easy to make, sweet-crave satisfying, low carb munchie you can even give as a gift? This is it. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. shelled pecan halves
- 1 egg white (large egg)
- 2 tbs. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of Swerve or other low carb sugar substitute (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a 15″ x 10″ x 1” baking sheet or pan with aluminum foil.
- Whisk the sugar substitute, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl.
- Put your egg white into a large mixing bowl and beat until it’s frothy. You can use a whisk, fork or hand mixer.
- Add the pecans to the beaten egg white and mix gently to coat each piece.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the coated pecans and again mix gently until all the pecan halves are coated.
- Spray the lined baking sheet with cooking spray or apply a light coating of butter. Scoop the coated nuts onto the baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. (If you overlap them, they will stick together)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the 350 F oven, stirring 1-2 times until the nuts are a toasty brown. Do not allow to burn.
- Pour out onto wax paper to cool. Store in an air-tight container.
Serving Size: Recipe makes about 16 servings. Each serving has between 1-3 grams of net carbs.
Please note that the nutrition data is a ballpark figure. Exact data depends on your specific ingredients, the amounts you actually use and how you prepare the recipe. Consequently, I recommend you enter your own calculations into myfitnesspal.com for personal results.