This is my favorite Buffalo Wing recipe. It’ super easy, super delicious and very low carb. The key is using Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. If you love classic Buffalo Wings, you’ll love these.
- 4 to 5 lbs of fresh chicken wings
- 1 12oz. bottle of Frank’s Original Red Hot sauce (we use this)
- 1-1/2 sticks of salted butter (we use this)
- Garlic powder to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping (we use this)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- If you bought whole chicken wings, trim into drums and flats. Save the wing tips for stock.
- Lightly season the wings with a little garlic powder and ground black pepper.(We don’t use salt here because we use salted butter in our wing sauce.)
- Place the trimmed wing pieces onto a foil covered cookie sheet and bake uncovered in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- While the wings are baking, melt the stick of butter in a medium saucepan and then add the whole bottle of hot sauce. Stir and simmer over low heat while the wings are baking in the oven.
- When wings are done, remove them from the oven and dump them into the sauce. Toss the wings in the sauce until each one is well coated.
- Then take the sauce coated wings out of the saucepan, put them back on the foil lined cookie sheet and then back in the oven for about another 30 minutes or so, so the sauce bakes in.
- Garnish with celery and carrot sticks and a really good blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and you’re ready for wing heaven.
A serving of wings 5-6, without dipping dressing, has virtually no net carbs.
Please note that the nutrition data is a ballpark figure. Exact data depends on your specific ingredients, the amounts you actually use and how you prepare the recipe.