There’s nothing I enjoy more about Mexican food than freshly made guacamole. Full of flavor and fun, this one is sure to please your taste buds while keeping you on your eating plan.
- 3 ripe medium Haas avocados
- 1 small white or yellow onion – diced
- 1 small tomato – diced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbs lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro – chopped
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- (Optional) if you want heat, add some chopped jalapenos or a dash of cayenne pepper
- Slice avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Place avocados into a medium bowl or a molcajete (a Mexican mortar and pestle).
- Mash with a fork or the pestle, and stir. A coarse mash is traditional.
- Mix in the sour cream, diced onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and finally the garlic powder, salt, and pepper(s) to taste.
- Serve with celery or low carb chips or pita crisps.
Serving Size: Recipe makes about 6 servings. has 3-4 grams of net carbs.
Please note that the nutrition data is a ballpark figure. Exact data depends on your specific ingredients, the amounts you actually use and how you prepare the recipe. Consequently, I recommend you enter your own calculations into myfitnesspal.com for personal results.